Saturday, May 4, 2013

Custin' Loose

Hi everyone! Today marks the first time ever in my adult life that I've been up before 8:30 AM on both a Saturday and Sunday morning. Yesterday we had our first brewday since I've arrived. We started bright and early. I'm pooped. The thin mountain air and Mountain Time are contributing factors as well. Having a great time so far though. Here are some of those saucy brewpixxx you've all been asking for:
Straight up drizzlin' all over dat malt

Droppin' hop bags in the boil like it ain't no thang.


We take all our spent grains to this farm a mile outside of town. Here's my new donkey friend enjoying some.

A couple days ago me and The Bossman took off a few hours early to hike Sunday Gulch. We got about 1/4 mile into the trail before it turned into a giant ice hill, so we had to turn around. It's still super cold and snowing off and on out here. The low last night was somwhere in the mid-20s. 

Here are some pictures from the attempted hike:

Sylvan Lake
Six inches of snow with a stream running underneath it. Not the safest thing in the world.
The YMCA across the street is having their yearly rummage sale. Check out all the cool shit I got for $10


Sacagawea waterbottle.  Jealous? 








No comments:

Post a Comment